go on and do whatever comes into your head, that’s what.
好吧,在这个世界上,你要为你的错误付出代价,而你现在当然负担得起!
Well, in this world you pay for your mistakes and you can certainly afford to pay now!
好吧,你的表演的确很出色,瑞秋
Well, you have certainly made a fine exhibition of yourself, Rachel.
把一切都归咎给这个女孩,就因为她很成功
Falling all over this girl because she’s a success.
现在可以清楚地看到你的真实面目了
It’s plain to see now what your true colors are.
我来了,托马斯!哦,那个人,只要他勇敢起来
I’m coming Thomas! Oh, that man. If he’d just brave up and
稍微发挥一下他的意志力,他很快就会好起来的
exert his willpower a little, he’d get better in no time.
我感到奇怪的是,他居然敢在没有得到她允许的情况下就生病
It’s a wonder to me that he dared to get sick at all without asking her permission.
来吧,安妮,我们会付给她50美元
Come along, Anne. We’ll pay her her $50.
托马斯!
Thomas!
托马斯! 亲爱的上帝,请不要带走他
Thomas! Dear God, please don’t take him.
怎么了,托马斯?
What is it, Thomas?
他的药呢,瑞秋? -在柜子里
Where’s his medicine, Rachel? -It’s in the cupboard.
是这个吗? -是的
Is this it? -Yes.
瑞秋。 -什么事,托马斯?怎么了?
Rachel. -Yes, Thomas? What is it?
我… -什么事?我听不见你说什么,怎么了?哦,托马斯!
I… -What is it? I can’t hear you. What is it? Oh, Thomas!
瑞秋,恐怕我们无能为力了
Rachel, I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do.
我们所有的债务都结清了,我想我会去西部找我的罗伯特
All our debts are settled. I expect I’ll go west to my Robert.
如果他愿意接受我的话
If he’ll have me.
农场早被抵押了,现在不得不卖♥♥掉
The farm is mortgaged and now it will have to be sold.
好了,瑞秋,振作起来
Now, Rachel, pull yourself together.
嗯,我不是水母。但是,像我这种年纪的女人
Well, I’m no jelly fish. But, a woman my age doesn’t
交朋友和产生兴趣都不容易,就这个意思
make friends and interestes easily, that’s all.
一想到要离开埃文利,我就心如刀割
It breaks my heart to think of leaving Avonlea.
今晚感觉怎么样,瑞秋?
How are you feeling tonight, Rachel?
好多了,谢谢你,安妮
A little better I think, thank you, Anne.
这是我的礼物,用泽西牛的收入买♥♥的
Here’s my gift, paid for out of the proceeds of the jersey cow.
这不是什么派对礼物,但你告诉他们
It’s not much of a party gift, but you tell them that I
我打算把我的锯齿形被套作为结婚礼物送给他们
plan to give them my zigzag quilt as a wedding present.
怎么了,安妮,你已经很久没穿那件衣服了,你看上去很可爱
Why, Anne, you haven’t worn that dress in ages. You look lovely.
谢谢你,玛丽拉
Thank you, Marilla.
吉尔伯特·布莱斯会很自豪的,他怎么还没来?
Gilbert Blythe will be mighty proud. Why isn’t he here yet?
穿上毛衣,今晚会很凉
Put on you sweater. It’s going to be cool this evening.
我一个人去了,瑞秋。希望你不介意我驾马车去,玛丽拉
I’m going alone, Rachel. I hope you don’t mind my taking the carriage, Marilla.
不,不
No, no.
你把我的名字写在卡片上了吧?
You did put my name on the card, I hope?
当然,玛丽拉。再见,好了,再见,瑞秋
Of course, Marilla. Goodbye, now. Goodbye, Rachel.
玩得开心点儿。 -小心别让你的裙子被♥干♥草车的轮子夹住了,安妮
Have a lovely time. -Be careful you don’t get your skirt caught in the wheel of the haywain, Anne.
好吧,玛丽拉,你知道我以直言不讳为荣
Well, Marilla. You know I pride myself on speaking my mind.
我嗅到麻烦了,我不介意这么说
I smell trouble, and I don’t mind saying so.
从他们还是孩子的时候起,上天就把他们撮合在一起了,就这个意思。-他们还是孩子
Providence matched them two up since they were children, that’s what. -And they are children still.
她18岁了,我那么大的时候已经结婚了。但是安妮的成长太像你了,玛丽拉
She’s 18 and I was married by that time. But Anne’s grown too much like you, Marilla.
但是安妮的成长太像你了,玛丽拉
But Anne’s grown too much like you, Marilla.
那些有个性的人,总是落在后面
It’s the overparticular ones that get left behind.
而那些固执的人,最终得不到快乐,比次品还糟
And it is the over opinionated that end up unhappy and meaner than second skimmings.
哦! 太值得称道了!
Oh! This is glorious!
还记得那次我们在干草阁楼里睡了一整夜吗?
Do you remember the time we slept all night in the hay loft?
我特别害怕我们会被那只仓鸮攻击… -快来,戴安娜
And I was so frightened we were going to be attacked by that barn owl that- -Come on, Diana.
我们得整理礼物了。 -职责所在
We have to organize the gifts. -Duty calls.
安妮!你要去哪儿?
Anne! Where are you off to?
如果你不赶快回来,我们就不给你留蛤蜊了
We won’t leave any clams for you if you don’t hurry back.
享受新鲜空气而已。 -哦,你还没见过我的未婚夫吧?
Just enjoying the fresh air. -Oh, you haven’t met my fianc?
温尼伯的哈里·英格利斯,安妮·雪莉。 -很高兴见到你,女士
Harry Inglis from Winnipeg, Anne Shirley. -Please to meet you, ma’am.
很高兴见到你,你真幸运,英格利斯先生。你将住在哪里?
Pleased to meet you. Well, you’re a very lucky man, Mr. Inglis. Where will you live?
住蒙特利尔,哈里从事采矿业
In Montreal. Harry’s in the mining business.
哦,简,别再炫耀你的戒指了,透过树丛我都能看到它闪闪发光
Oh, Jane. Stop showing off your ring. I can see it glimmering through the trees.
很高兴再次见到你,安妮。哈利,我们走吧
It’s been real nice seeing you again, Anne. Let’s go, Harry.
你们男孩子跟简和哈里一道跑吧,我要和安妮聊聊
You boys run along with Jane and Harry. I want to talk to Anne.
简的百万富翁不是老古董吗? 他都能当她的父亲了!
Isn’t Jane’s millionaire ancient? He could be her father!
好吧,他肯定很有钱。 -我说! 他刚给了她一大堆珠宝首饰
Well, he certainly must have a lot of money.
-I’ll say! He’s just showered her with jewelry.
他们要去欧洲举♥行♥旅行婚礼。 -简是个很好的女孩
And they’re going to Europe on a wedding tour. -Jane’s such a nice girl.
她从来没有想过要吸引别人的注意。 -嗯,她当然不在百万富翁阶层
She’s never even tried to attract attention. -Well, she’s certainly not in the millionaires’ class.
你呢?你和吉尔伯特在一起吗? -我…
What about you? Are you here with Gilbert? -I…
那两个不是很可笑吗?他们决定
Aren’t those two ridiculous? They’re determined to sit each
彼此袖手旁观。他们两个我都不在乎
other out. I really don’t care a snit about either of them.
好吧,我们以后再聚吧,安妮,我想听听你的事
Well, let’s get together soon, Anne. I want to hear all your news.
我? 我很荣幸能接受这支舞
Me? I’d be honored to accept this dance.
“你拥有一双美丽的紫罗兰色的眼睛” -“怎么了,谢谢,你可以叫我科迪莉亚”
“You have lovely starry violet eyes.” -“Why, thank you. You can call me Cordelia.”
“科迪莉亚,你拥有精致的玫瑰花瓣的肤色”
“Cordelia, you have an exquisite rose leaf complexion.”
请允许我打搅,我要跟这位年轻女士结账,你的20美元
Do allow me. I have an account to settle with this young lady. Your $20.
介意吗?
Care to?
对不起,吉尔,我准是有两只左脚(笨手笨脚)
I’m sorry, Gil. I must have two left feet.
你在想什么?
What are you thinking about?
我不敢说,也不敢动,因为我害怕所有这些美妙的美会消失
I’m afraid to speak or move for fear that all this wonderful beauty will just vanish
就像被打碎的沉默
like a broken silence.
此情此景,难道没让你想起我们以前学生时代的野餐吗?
Doesn’t it remind you of our old school-day picnics?
嗯,我不想它有任何的改变
Hmm. I don’t want any of it to change.
我希望我能永远守住那些日子
I wish I could just hold on to those days forever.
我有一种感觉,事情再也不会和以前一样了,是吗?
I have a feeling things will never be the same again, will they?
嗯,我不会变的,这是我至少能向你保证的
Well, I won’t change. That’s the least I can promise you.
安妮,有件事我想问你。 -吉尔,请不要问
Anne, there’s something I want to ask you. -Gil, please don’t.
怎么了?整个春天你都在躲着我
What is it? You’ve been avoiding me all spring,
自从我们毕业开始。 -我从来没有想让你如此关心我
ever since we graduated. – I never wanted to make you care for me so.
我远远地躲着你,这样你就不会想起我
I kept away so you wouldn’t.
好吧,秋天我不会再回白沙了
Well, I won’t be coming back to White Sands in the fall.
达尔豪西医学院录取我了。 -吉尔,我真为你骄傲
Dalhousie Medical School’s accepted me. -Gil, I’m so proud of you.
上周的事我很抱歉,我只是想告诉你我有多在乎你
I’m sorry about last week. I just wanted to show you how much I care.
现在,也许你觉得我对你来说还不够好,但总有一天我会的
Now, maybe you don’t think I’m good enough for you now, but I will be someday.
不,吉尔,你对我来说已经太好了
No, Gil. You’re a great deal too good for me.
但你想要的,是一个崇拜你的人,一个只要能挽着你的胳膊就会很高兴的人
But you want someone who will adore you; someone who will be happy just to hang on your arm
并且为你建立一个家庭。我做不到
and build a home for you. I wouldn’t.
安妮,那根本不是我所要的。 -我们最后会像两只老乌鸦一样,不停地打架
Anne, that’s not what I’m looking for at all. -We’d end up like two old crows, fighting all the time.
我知道我会不开心,我希望我们从来没有这样做过
I know I’d be unhappy and I’d wish we’d never done it.
每个人都期待,你一定感觉到了
Everybody expects it. You must feel that.
好吧,那么,这将是所有错误的原因,吉尔
Well, then, it would be for all the wrong reasons, Gil.
你只是觉得你爱我
You just think that you love me.
安妮,从我记事起,我就一直爱着你
Anne, I’ve loved you as long as I can remember.
我需要你
I need you.
我无法离开,知道吗?如果我只… -我保证,如果你需要我,我会一直在这里
I can’t go away know that if I’d just… -I promise that I will always be here if you need me.
好朋友总是心有灵犀的
Good friends are always together in spirit.
让我们不变吧,吉尔,让我们继续做好朋友吧
Let’s not change, Gil. Let’s just go on being good friends.
朋友,是吗?我以为我们是知心伴侣
Friends, huh? I thought we were kindred spirits.
请答应吧。 -我不能
Please say yes. -I can’t.
吉尔,我非常非常抱歉
Gil, I’m so desperately sorry.
女士,让开!
Lady, get out of the way!
你到底在干什么,女士? 你知不知道
What the heck are you doing, lady? Do you have any idea
换一个这样的提灯有多难吗?
how difficult it is to replace one of these lanterns?
你没有权利优先通行!
You had no business taking the right of way!
你没有权利孤身一人在黑暗中不带灯笼!
You had no business to be out here alone in the dark without a lantern!
所有司机都像你一样胆大妄为吗? 我就喜欢晚上一个人外出溜达!
Are all motorists as bold as you? I enjoying being out alone at night!
任何一位绅士都会有礼貌地停车!
Any gentleman would have had the decency to stop!
我希望我们能再见面
I was hoping we’d meet again.
几个星期来我一直在想你到底是谁。 我是…
I’ve been wondering for several weeks exactly who you were. I’m
很抱歉那天在海滩上我没能自我介绍…
sorry I wasn’t able to introduce myself that day on the beach-
我不想被介绍,谢谢
I have no desire to be introduced, thank you.
我敢打赌,从来没有人告诉过你,在月光下红头发会变成什么样子
I’ll bet that no one’s ever told you how becoming red hair can be in the moonlight.
事实上,很多人都告诉过了
Actually, lots of people have.
你为什么不把马拴起来?
Why don’t you tie the horse up?
我会带你去任何你想去的地方,你可以早上回来拿马车
I’ll take you wherever you want to go. You can come back for the buggy in the morning.
我不会做这种事的! -悉听尊便
I’ll do no such thing! -Suit yourself.
只是想做个绅士而已
Just trying to be a gentleman.
别装腔作势,你完全是一个人一个班!(没人想理你)
Don’t give yourself airs. You are in a class entirely by yourself!
如果牧师的妻子能熬过这一关,我会晕倒的,我忍♥不住
If the minister’s wife ever gets through this piece, I shall faint. I cannot stop it.
你看到她胸衣上的扣子掉了吗? -哦,别说了
Can you just see the buttons popping off her corset? -Oh, stop it.
哦,我要吐了。 -好了,好了,这就是你
Oh, I’m going to be sick. -Now, now. This is you,
紧张地挽着你父亲的胳膊在过道上扫来扫去
nervously sweeping up the aisle on your father’s arm,
你的黑色卷发上覆盖着精致的雪纺面纱
your black curls frosted over with the film of your delicate chiffon veil.
完美的新娘,你看着弗雷德的红脸蛋,小声说:“我身体不适”
The perfect bride, you look into Fred’s red face and whisper: “I’m unwept.”
哦,别那么刻薄!
Oh, don’t be mean!
只要答应我一件事:如果他晕倒了,你务必要抓住他
Just promise me one thing: If he faints, make sure you catch him.