Edward Mayhew, a university friend of Henry’s.
他在吗
Is he there?
在芬兰吗
Finland?
考虑一下 弗洛伦丝
Just consider it for a moment, Florence.
如果炸♥弹♥落在圣贾尔斯 那么这个弹坑就有半英里宽
If it fell on St. Giles, the crater would be half a mile across,
一百英尺深
a hundred feet deep,
这个城市一千年内都不适合居住
and the city would be uninhabitable for a thousand years
由于放射性物质的存在…
because the radioactivity…
你好
Hello.
你好
Hello.
你要来一份宣传册吗
Would you like one?
它讨论的是若一枚氢弹落在牛津市 会带来何种影响
It’s all about a hydrogen bomb landing on Oxford.
那真是再好不过了
Can’t think of anything better.
我想告诉你一件事 可以吗
Do you mind if I tell you something?
我想说出来 -说给我听
I’ve got to tell someone. – Tell me.
我插一句 你是谁啊
I say, do we know you?
我刚知道 我拿了历史
I just heard, I got a first
一等学位
in history.
那真是太棒了
That’s fantastic.
我们继续把这些发出去好吗
Let’s get on with handing these out, shall we?
好的
All right.
所以 我要写一个系列的历史书
So, it’s a series of history books,
不是关于伟人的
not about the great men,
而是关于他们身边的小人物
but about the minor figures at their side,
那些会逐渐消失的小角色
the bit-part players who fade away.
比如那个马不停蹄从伦敦赶到爱丁堡的人
Like the man who rode non-stop from London to Edinburgh
去告诉苏格兰国王 伊丽莎白女王去世了
to tell the king of Scotland that Elizabeth was dead
他现在是英格兰国王了
and he was now the king of England.
我觉得这个主题真是棒极了
I think that’s a brilliant idea.
我以为只要结果出来 一切就清楚了
I thought everything would be clear as soon as my result came through.
但其实不是
But it isn’t.
我仍然还在晃荡
I’m still just hanging around.
像我一样
Like me.
我可以去斯劳附近的一家旅馆 参加这支糟糕的舞曲乐队的演出
I could play in this awful dance orchestra in a hotel near Slough.
但我真正想要的是 和我的四重奏乐队伙伴一起演出
But what I really want is to work with my quartet.
四重奏乐队是什么
What’s that?
两个小提琴 中提琴 大提琴
Two violins, viola, cello.
我们名字叫“恩尼斯莫尔四重奏乐队”
We’re called the Ennismore Quartet.
然后爸爸得支持我 他和我不完全…
Then Daddy would have to support me, and he and I don’t exactly…
你拿的是什么
What did you get?
什么
What?
你拿的什么音乐学位
In your music degree.
嗯 跟你一样 一等学位
Well, actually, same as you.
献给弗洛伦丝小姐
To Miss Florence…
嗯…
Uh…
庞廷
Ponting.
献给弗洛伦丝·庞廷小姐
To Miss Florence Ponting.
感谢您的杰出成就
In acknowledgment of your fine achievement.
您真棒
Well done.
谢谢
Thank you.
弗洛伦丝 听着
Florence, look…
我爱你
I love you.
而且你很…
And you’re so…
嗯…
Uh…
我的意思是 我要亲你
I mean, I need to kiss you.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
而且我…
And I…
我…
I…
怎么了 亲爱的
What is it, darling?
没什么
Nothing.
爱德华..
Edward…
怎么了 -抱歉
What? – Sorry.
怎么了
What is it?

Well…
我只是觉得
I just thought…
你懂的 当我们要那个的时候 站着有点奇怪
You know, it isn’t awfully comfortable here when we could…
哦 你的意思是
Oh, you… you mean…
当然 我们一起去
Yes, of course, let’s…
那过来吧
Come on then.
我要脱下衣服 然后
If I just take this off then…
嗯 或许我们可以去床上
Well, we could go on the bed and…

Well…
那么 我觉得我可以先脱下我的鞋子
Then, I think I’ll… My shoes.
我自己来
I’ll do it.
这样更好一些
It’d be better.
所以 来讲讲你为什么爱他
So, come on. Why do you love him?
第一 诶 你难道不记下来吗
One. Aren’t you going to take notes?
第一点 他和其他人都不一样
One, he’s not like anyone else.
没有人是和其他人一样的 – 不 你见到他就明白了
No one is. – Mmm. You’d be surprised.
第二点
Two,
他口袋里总装着一本历史书和一截铅笔
he always has a history book in his pocket and a pencil stub.
第三点
Three,
他知道很多树和花以及星座的名称
he knows the names of trees and flowers and constellations.
而且他穿帆布鞋 从不♥穿♥皮鞋
And he wears plimsolls, never shoes.
还有他的袜子总不是一对 – 确实
And his socks never match. – Exactly.
并且他不知道羊角面包和法棍的区别
And he doesn’t know the difference between a croissant and a baguette.
这就是我为什么爱他 – 你知道妈妈怎么叫他吗
That’s why I love him! – And do you know what Mummy called him?
天呐 叫什么
God. What?
我听到她和艾蕊丝·默多克讲电♥话♥
I heard her on the phone to Iris Murdoch.
然后她说他像个土气的乡巴佬
And she said he was a bit of a country bumpkin!
那就是他
That’s him.
我们第一次见面的时候你朝我看过来
You set eyes on me for the first time…
然后我看到了一个不♥穿♥外套的人
And I saw a man who wasn’t wearing a jacket.
还有呢 -松垮的衬衫
What then? – Loose shirt,
袖子挽到了胳膊肘
sleeves rolled up to the elbows,
衬衫下摆露出来 -咳 没劲
tails hanging out. – Pfft. Nonsense.
裤子膝盖处还有补丁
Trousers with a mend in the knee,
还有长头发 几乎过了你的耳朵
and long hair, almost over your ears.
还有呢
What else?
好了
All right.
我喜欢你停在门口时的样子
I liked the way you stopped in the doorway
看着所有人 就好像你拥有那个地方一样
and looked around at everyone as if you owned the place.
傲视全场
Proud.
不 我的意思是 大胆
No, I mean, bold.
我只是想要告诉什么人
I just needed to tell someone,
任何一个人 我拿了一等学位
anyone, that I’d got a first.
然后你看到了我 然后一直凝视着我
Then you saw me and decided to stare me out.
你瞥了我一眼 然后认定我不值得另一眼
You glanced at me and decided I wasn’t worth a second look.
你觉得是一见钟情吗
Did you think then it was love at first sight?
是不是
Well?
事实上 我开始觉得那是了
Actually, I’m beginning to think it was.
我们可以开始了
It’ll do for now.
这是什么
What’s this?
五重奏
Quintet?
你之前说过我可以决定下一个曲目
You said I should decide on the next piece…
但是这意味着需要另一个中提琴的加入
But it means getting in another viola.
又来一个人 变化会很大的
Another person. It’s going to change everything.
这太快了 -来和艾尔斯贝丝问好
It’s too soon. – Say hello to Elsbeth,
她大三 十分出色
in her third year, awfully good.

Hello.
你好 -你好
Hello. – Hello.
现在 我们开始 查尔斯 该你上了
Right then, we’ll begin. Charles, your big moment.
我知道了
So I see.
演奏得比标示上更慢一些
Take it a little slower than marked.
再来
Again.
要温柔一点 就像问一个问题
It’s tender. Like a question.
一系列的问题
It’s a series of questions.
人们觉得你害羞
People think you’re shy,
但事实上你很铁面 不是吗
but the fact is you’re rather tough, aren’t you?
能请你喝一杯吗
Can I buy you that drink?
我快迟到了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!