Florence!
这幅画真美
It’s beautiful.
的确如此
It really is.
我们也帮忙了 我涂了点绿色
We helped. I did some green.
我也帮忙了 我涂的棕色
So did I. And brown.
但是其他都是妈妈画的 – 都是妈妈画的
But it was Mum. – It was truly Mum.
乌切洛画的马都很有灵性
In Uccello the horses know everything.
它们曾经很野性,但是你看它们现在被驯服了
They were wild once, you see, but they’ve swapped sides.
它们现在和猎人在一起
They’re with the hunters now.
你可以从它们的眼睛里看到它们的罪恶感
They feel guilty. You can see it in their eyes.
真美
Beautiful.
老妈真棒
Good old Mum.
我们爱你 弗洛伦丝
We love you, Florence.
走吧 爱德华 还有很多活儿要干呢 – 谢谢你
Come on, Edward. Lots to do. – Thank you.
弗洛伦丝难道不可爱吗
Isn’t that Florence a lovely girl?
是她给我洗的澡吗
Is she the one who gives me a bath?
不 亲爱的 我在说爱德华的朋友
No, sweetheart. Edward’s friend.
安妮 可以帮忙拿根汤勺过来吗
Anne, can you put the spoons on the table, please?
好的
All right.
哈蕊特 就放那儿 把勺子放在刀旁边
Harriet, right over there. And the spoons go next to the knife.
玛乔丽 你想过来坐下吗
Marjorie, do you want to come and sit down?
好的 亲爱的
Yes, dear.
妈妈 你坐这儿 我坐那儿
Um, Mum, you’re sitting over here. I’ll sit here.
你快把她给我娶回家
Marry that girl.
然后弗洛伦丝坐这儿 爱德华坐那儿
And Florence can sit here, and Edward can sit here.
嗯
Uh…
真高兴你能来 亲爱的 我一直想试试看这个
I’m so glad you’re here, my dear. I’ve been wanting to try this out.
李子炖兔肉 一直保持低温
Rabbit stewed in plums. All day on a low heat.
你真是个了不起的厨师 亲爱的
You’re a marvelous cook, darling.
看着就很好吃
It smells delicious.
你知道吗 我都是自己做各种酱汁 果酱 酸辣酱
Do you know, I make all our own jam, marmalade, chutney.
根本停不下来
It never stops.
而且做得超级美味
And you do a wonderful job.
我用心了
I do my best.
亲爱的 你有自己的孩子吗?
Do you have children of your own, dear?
没有
No.
有点痒
Sort of tickles.
放轻松
It’s all right.
我有话想问你
I want to ask you something.
什么?
Yes?
你之前有过几个女朋友 就是
How many girls have you, you know…
事实上没几个
The truth is, not many really.
那到底是几个
How many then?
几个而已
Just some.
6个
Six?
嗯 差不多吧 可能
Yes, about that, or…
我忘了
I don’t know.
四个 是四个吗
Four? Do you think it was four?
呃
Um…
弗洛 这个..我觉得只是一个数字而已
Flo, it’s a… I think it’s a matter of definition.
她们叫什么名字
And what were their names?
“她们的名字” 我们为什么现在要聊这个
“Their names”? Why are we talking about…
她们没有名字
Well, there are no names.
你是第一个
You’re the first.
你是我的第一次
You are the first.
她过去经常扮演灰姑娘
She used to play Cinderella,
但是她吸毒酗酒过度
but she took to drugs, narcotics, and excessive alcohol.
现在 她甚至连小人物都演不了
Now, she couldn’t even play the wick in Aladdin’s lamp.
现在我有一个著名电影的小短片《德古拉》
And now I have a short scene from the famous film Dracula.
那个女孩儿死了
That girl died.
被吸血鬼勒死了 她也是个受害者
That was the vampire strangling his, I mean her victim.
而现在我们有梵高的《着迷》
And now we have Fascination by van Gogh
那副画就挂在巴黎卢浮宫的画廊里
which now hangs in the Louvre gallery in Paris.
《着迷》
Fascination.
那边那个家伙是谁 – 这不重要
Who’s that fellow over there? -Just someone.
看起来有些不太好惹啊 -我们可以开始了吗
Looks a bit rough. – Let’s start, shall we.
查尔斯
Charles.
你喜欢我们的演奏么 你看起来像是快睡着了
Did you like it? You looked like you’d fallen asleep.
快睡着了 没有 说实话 我很喜欢
Asleep? No, honestly. I loved it.
我常常闭着眼睛倾听
I often listen with my eyes closed.
看 我甚至可以唱出来
Look, I can even sing it.
好吧 我收回那句话
All right. I take it back.
来吧 我想让你看看我以前工作的地方
Come on. I want to show you where I used to work.
这是演奏者等待登台的地方
This is where the performers wait to go on stage.
演奏结束后 我会在这里为他们提供饮品
And afterwards I’d serve them drinks here.
我曾经为本杰明·布里顿泡了杯茶
I once made a cup of tea for Benjamin Britten.
哦对 那个著名的 – 还有这个猫眼
Oh, yes, the famous… -And this peephole.
我听着掌声 像这样偷看
I’d hear the applause and watch like this,
当演奏者们开始离开舞台时
and when the players started to leave the stage,
我必须缓缓打开它 不能让人注意到我
I’d have to open it smoothly, without being seen.
你能想象出来首次参加音乐会演奏的
Can you imagine the terror and the thrill of stepping out here
恐惧和刺♥激♥吗
to play your first concert.
坐在这里的都是些挑剔的观众
These are discerning audiences.
是的 这会是…
Yes, it would be something…
我相信总有一天恩尼斯莫尔乐队会在这里演奏
I just know the Ennismore will play here one day.
等到那个时候 我会选择莫扎特五重奏
And when we do, I’ll choose the Mozart Quintet,
演奏你会唱的那首曲子
the one you can sing.
没错
Yes.
没错
Yes.
我们会演奏得极其优美
We’ll play it beautifully.
《时代周刊》的评论家会在场
The critic from The Times will be there.
我们会获得空前的成功
We’ll triumph.
这次成功是献给你的 专门献给你的
And it will be yours, it’ll be specially for you.
这是我的承诺
It’s my promise.
而我那时候会在这里
And I’ll be here.
从前往后数第三排 正中间
Dead center, three rows back.
准备好在结束时欢呼 他们喊的是什么
Ready to shout at the end. What is it they shout?
精彩
Bravo.
精彩 恩尼斯莫尔的五重奏太精彩了
Bravo! Bravo the Ennismore Quartet!
我会在这里 弗洛伦丝 就是这个座位
This is where I’ll be, Florence, this very seat.
C排 9号♥座
Number 9, row C.
这是我的承诺
And that is my promise.
这是在柏林录制的
This was recorded in Berlin.
我以前从未听过立体声音乐
I’ve never heard a stereophonic thingy before.
这有什么意义呢
What’s the point of it?
你能听到整个管弦乐队的演奏
You hear the whole spread of an orchestra.
左边是小提琴
Violins on the left,
右边是低音提琴 以及两者之间的那些乐器
double basses on the right, and everything in between.
站在这里 闭上眼睛
Stand here, close your eyes…
你知道八度是什么
You know what an octave is.
现在你将听到有史以来最大的八度跳跃
Now you’re going to hear the greatest octave leap there ever was.
我爱你
I love you!
弗洛伦丝
Florence?
弗洛伦丝
Flo?
就是
Just…
弗洛伦丝 不要动 好嘛 弗洛伦丝
Florence, don’t move, okay? Florence?
嗯
Mmm.
好吧 我这么说吧
All right. Let me… Let me put this another way.
感觉你没有那么开心啊
You don’t seem quite as happy as you should.
你在热恋之中 你说 夏天的时候就结婚了
In love, as you say, getting married in the summer.
不 其实 我很开心
No, I am honestly. I’m very happy.
弗洛伦丝 有些事情困扰着你
Something’s bothering you, Flo.
可能因为是四重奏乐队里的 大提琴家查尔斯·莫雷尔
It could be the quartet, the cellist, Charles Morrell.
我觉得他有点喜欢我 总是约我出去
I think he’s a bit taken with me, keeps asking me out.
这问题解决起来很简单 现在你有未婚夫了
That’s easy. Now you’ve got a fiancé.
哦 这个 我不希望四重奏乐队的人知道我未婚夫的事
Oh, well, you see, I don’t want the quartet to know.
他们会以为我要离开他们了 会慌张的
They’ll think I’m leaving, they’ll panic.
其实不是因为这个 是吧
That’s not it though, is it?
我现在这样真的很傻
I’m just being silly.
你能和你妈谈谈吗
Could you not talk to your mother?
我该走了 – 再待一下吧